It’s official, I am going under the knife on Tuesday, July 20, 2010. That is just four days away!!! Apparently the hospital had a cancellation (I wonder if it was me?) and so they were able to “squeeze me in.” I had the option of waiting until September 14th, but I decided that it is better to get the whole business over and done. I am getting excited!
I am composing a list of things to pack for the hospital and things to do before I get there. So far I will be packing:
- My breathing exercise machine http://www.carestream.com/uploads/file/Leventon%20Spiroball.pdf
- Hospital letter
- Toiletries (toothbrush & paste, deodorant, shampoo & conditioner, moisturizer, body cream, comb, face cleansing cloths)
- Anti-bacterial wipes
- 3 pairs of undies
- Non-wired bra
- 3 books
- Medication (prescription and over-the-counter gas meds)
- Maybe a towel and pillow
- £20 for incidentals (I think I’ll leave my purse at home.)
I am considering bringing a change of clothing, but I figure that I can probably wear the same thing to the hospital that I wear home from the hospital. I have to check in at 7:30 Tuesday morning, so I won’t really have much time in my surgery-day clothes.
Over the weekend I will find the time to:
- Go to Confession (I haven’t been in years but I want to be prepared just-in-case I die.)
- Go to Mass
- Shave my legs etc.
- Pluck my eyebrows
- Remove all nail polish (required for surgery but I not sure why)
- Trim my nails
- Give myself a facial
- Make and freeze some chicken stock
- Buy some protein drinks
- Write a love letter to Michel
- Write just-in-case letters to my family
- Discuss my last wishes with Michel
- Spend quality time with Michel
In many ways this is the last weekend of my life. Soon I will be turning over a new leaf and starting all over again. The mind boggles.